Statement of Faith
The school was established in 1996 as an interdenominational, educational institution committed to helping students develop a biblical worldview that will impact them intellectually, spiritually, emotionally, and physically. We believe this worldview will contrast dramatically with the secular culture of our day. As the apostle Paul states in Romans 12, we need to be transformed by the renewing of our minds. This is our constant purpose and objective in the educational relationship between our students and faculty.
Southwest Christian is committed to our Statement of Faith that is consistent with Scripture. We base our entire program on the assumption that these doctrines are entirely true. Our vision, philosophy of education, core values, and all of our principles and practices flow from the following:
Statement of Faith *
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God. We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the creation was an act of God.
- We believe in the Deity of Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His eventual personal return in power and glory.
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; that individuals are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace through faith we are saved.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they who are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
* Final Authority for Matters of Belief and Conduct
The SWCHS Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. Additional core beliefs of SWCHS, which are based on our understanding of the Bible, are expressed in, but not limited to, the SWCHS Social Position Statement, the SWCHS Pledge of Integrity and Biblical Morality, and the SWCHS Philosophy of Education. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For the purposes of Southwest Christian High School’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our Board of Education is the organization’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.