PSEO is a program open to Minnesota’s high school juniors and seniors, allowing them to take college courses while they are in high school, at no additional cost to the student. SWCHS students may take courses part-time at a nearby college or university or through distance learning if they meet the admission requirements of the school to which they are applying and if their classes at SWCHS can be worked out to accommodate their off-campus schedule.
The following guidelines have been adopted at SWCHS for students interested in applying for PSEO or Dual Enrollment:
- The required core classes for graduation at SWCHS must be taken at the SWCHS campus and the minimum credits for graduation will apply for all students participating in PSEO and Dual Enrollment.
- SWCHS reserves the right to not accept certain courses towards the necessary credits for graduation.
- Students must meet the GPA requirements of the institution in which they are enrolling.
- The student should adjust their online and/or off-campus schedule to enable participation in Discipleship Groups, All-School Choir/Breakout, and Encounter at SWCHS.
- The student will comply with all policies relating to SWCHS as if they were a full-time student. 6.) Students taking PSEO/DE courses may participate in all co-curricular programs at SWCHS.
- All courses taken through PSEO that are necessary for graduation from SWCHS will appear on the student’s high school transcript.
- The family will pay full tuition at SWCHS and will be credited a determined amount per class, after SWCHS has received the transcript indicating grade and credits following the completion of the course. All other SWCHS fees still apply. (See Director of Student Services for details and application.)
- Unless otherwise noted, all PSEO courses will be granted .5/semester credit at SWCHS.
- SWCHS does not allow for full-time PSEO students.
Students may enroll in PSEO courses through UNWSP, Crown College, or other institutions but must receive approval from their school counselor or the director of student services. Students interested in pursuing PSEO courses for the first time should apply for admittance to the institution from which they wish to take classes during the spring registration period. For each new semester that students wish to take PSEO courses, they should submit the state PSEO form to their school counselor or the director of student services who will sent it to the institution.