- How do you want to grow and change in the next few years? What kind of environment would stimulate the growth that you would like to see?
- What degree of academic rigor is best for you? Do you want an academic program where you must work and think hard, or one where you can make respectable grades without getting stressed out? How important is it for you to perform at the top of your class? How well do you respond to academic pressure and competition from others?
- What interests do you want to pursue in college? Do your interests require any special facilities, programs, or opportunities? How competitive will it be in order for you to be involved? How important is it for you to be able to nurture these interests, participate or compete at the college level?
- How would you enjoy living in a different part of the country? How often do you want to be able to go home?
What kinds of surroundings are important to your well-being? Are there certain places, activities, environments, weather, or pace of life that make you happy?
- Do you enjoy being a part of large groups of people or do you need a more personal environment?
- How important are the opinions of your parents, teachers, and friends in choosing a college? How important are the factors of college prestige or reputation?
- How important are costs when looking at colleges? Have you and your parents talked about how your college education will be financed? How important will financial aid and/or merit scholarships be in choosing where you might go to school?