Thursday, September 15, 2022
Each fall, the freshmen class spends a retreat day away from school for a time of community-building and connecting. Teachers and staff chaperone, and students involved in House leadership help as well. It’s a great chance to bond as a class.
Location: Camp Tanadoona in Excelsior
Transportation: Due to an ongoing bus shortage, parents must provide transportation.
- Drop students off at Camp Tanadoona between 8:15 – 8:30 a.m.
- Pick up students between 2:15 – 2:30 p.m.
- 3000 Tanadoona Drive, Excelsior, MN (near Westwood Church)
- A bus for athletes only to return to SWCHS early will leave camp at 2:00 p.m.
- Students wear sneakers, comfortable clothes for games, and their house shirts. Students are outside much of the day, even in light rain, so dress accordingly.
- Bring a water bottle or plan to use the water fountain.
- Leave phones at home. In an emergency, students can borrow a staff member’s phone. We can also use our Urgent Alert System should we need to contact all parents.
- This is a special, off-campus day, and students do not need to bring backpacks with classroom-related items. Please leave Chromebooks and other computers at home.
- A light breakfast and hearty lunch will be served on site. There will be gluten free and vegetarian options. Students may also bring their own lunch and snack if they prefer.