The Student Council is comprised of elected students.
- Student Body President
- Student Body Vice President
- Class Presidents
- Class Vice Presidents
- Committee Chairs
- Student Ambassador Chair
The class presidents and vice presidents (with the exception of the freshmen class) are elected into office each spring for the following school year. Freshmen elections are held in late fall. Anyone student is invited to run for an office in his/her class. Student Council meets every other Wednesday morning before school and a few times over the summer to prepare for the All-School Retreat that kicks off the school year.
Student committees are formed in the fall of each year. Each committee elects a committee chair to sit on the Student Council. Student Committees meet every other Wednesday morning before school, following the Student Council meeting.
- Hospitality Committee
- Service Committee
- Social Committee
- Spiritual Life Committee
- Sports Committee
- Student Ambassadors
Student Ambassadors are a group of select student leaders who are role models and represent the student body of Southwest Christian with a positive attitude, enthusiasm for the school, and Christ-like character.
Ambassadors offer a warm welcome and a comprehensive understanding of Southwest Christian’s educational opportunities and student experience for prospective students and their families. Student Ambassadors embody the school vision to develop mature disciples of Jesus Christ who seek to know, live and proclaim the Truth and glorify God through academic, artistic and athletic excellence. The roles of a SWCHS student ambassador include:
- Tour Guide | Ambassadors provide informative campus tours to visiting prospective students and families
- Student Host | Ambassadors host prospective students who “shadow” at Southwest Christian and guide them through a typical day as a SWCHS student
- Open House Representative | Ambassadors welcome new families at Open House events and provide group or individual family tours
- Panelist | Ambassadors may be called to be a part of a student panel and respond to questions from prospective students and parents during open houses
- Transfer Buddy | Ambassadors welcome transfer students, orient them to the school and introduce them to other students
- School Representative | Ambassadors assist with outside promotional events as school representatives
- Social Media | Ambassadors may be asked represent Southwest Christian through social media, advertising, student profiles and/or student blogs.