As a discipleship school, Southwest Christian is passionate about training up our students so that they, to the best of their abilities, can become the godly leaders of tomorrow. With this in mind, the Leadership Academy has been developed to train students to grow in their own leadership skills. The academy will cover such topics as:
- A definition of Biblical leadership that is molded by God’s Word
- The concept of servant leadership
- Spiritual gifts and individual skills inventories
- Interpersonal and group communication
- Conflict resolution
- Discussion of different types of leadership styles
- Development of a personal vision of leadership
- Principles of personal leadership and management
- Principles in developing other leaders
Throughout the course, students will learn from local ministry and business leaders as as work through case studies and various tasks. Students will not receive academic credit or a grade for participating in the Leadership Academy.
Each student is required to attend at least seven of the eight sessions with the commitment to make every session if available.
The Leadership Academy meets on Wednesday or Friday mornings from 7:30–8:40 a.m. on dates that do not conflict with student leadership meetings.