2019 Dates: August 29–30
During the first week of school, all Southwest Christian High School students attend the all-school retreat at beautiful Camp Shamineau in Motley, Minnesota. This overnight trip is a great chance for students to reconnect with old friends and get to know new Southwest Christian students and staff. As a group, we grow spiritually, build stronger relationships, and have a great time! SWCHS staff serve as chaperones for the trip, which is organized by our student council.
- Students must be at SWCHS by 7:15 a.m. on Thursday morning. Buses depart from SWCHS at 7:35 a.m.
- Buses will return to SWCHS by 2:45 p.m. on Friday afternoon
- Students should bring a sleeping bag, pillow, toiletries, towels, tennis shoes, swimsuit (must be a modest one piece or two piece worn with a t-shirt), water bottle, flashlight, bug spray, Bible, and, if desired, money for snacks and free-time activities (see below).
- Free-time activities available at no charge include swimming, paddleboats, canoes, basketball, football, soccer, volleyball, and Frisbee golf.
- Free-time activities available with charge include high ropes course (with zip line $10 for 2 hours), indoor climbing wall ($5), paintball ($12 for 2 hours-includes all equipment).
- Please, only ONE duffle bag per student. We have limited space on the bus.
- What not to bring: electronic equipment and cell phones. (Several staff will have cell phones that can be used for emergency reasons).
Parents: All emergency/permission forms must be turned in to the office, otherwise your student cannot attend this retreat. Health forms need to be filled out and signed by your physician if your student is on prescription meds or needs non-prescription meds. Camp phone for emergencies only: 218.575.2240
Thanks to the SWCHS student council for their hard work in planning for this retreat!