2021 Dates: Thursday, September 2 – Friday, September 3
During the first week of school, all Southwest Christian High School students attend the all-school retreat at beautiful Camp Shamineau in Motley, Minnesota. This overnight trip is a great chance for students to reconnect with old friends and get to know new Southwest Christian students and staff. As a group, we grow spiritually, build stronger relationships, and have a great time! SWCHS staff serve as chaperones for the trip, which is organized by our student council.
- Students must be at SWCHS by 7:15 a.m. on Thursday morning. Buses depart from SWCHS at 7:35 a.m.
- Buses will return to SWCHS by 2:45 p.m. on Friday afternoon
- Free-time activities available at no charge include swimming, paddleboats, canoes, basketball, football, soccer, volleyball, and Frisbee golf.
- Free-time activities available with charge include high ropes course (with zip line–$10 for 2 hours), indoor climbing wall ($5), paintball ($12 for 2 hours–includes all equipment).
- Please, only ONE duffle bag and one pillow/sleeping bag per student. We have limited space on the bus.
- What not to bring: electronic equipment and cell phones. (Several staff will have cell phones that can be used for emergency reasons).
- Sleeping bag, pillow, towels (for transportation, put in a bag or large garbage bag labeled with student’s name)
- Clothes for outdoor activities, dark clothes for night game
- Sweatshirt and sweatpants
- Rain jacket if weather suggests it’ll be inclement
- Swimsuit (a modest one piece or two piece worn with a t-shirt)
- Water bottle
- Bug spray, sunscreen
- Flashlight (no phones allowed, so a real flashlight; a lot of night activities occur in the woods)
- Bible and journal, pen/pencil
- If desired, money for free-time activities
Parents: All retreat forms must be turned in to the office, otherwise your student cannot attend this retreat. Health forms need to be filled out and signed by your physician if your student is on prescription meds or needs non-prescription meds. Camp phone for emergencies only: 218.575.2240
Thanks to the SWCHS House Captains for their hard work in planning for this retreat!