DECA Business Chapter
DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in high schools around the globe. DECA students will work on presentation and interviewing skills and meet with their advisor and many business professionals to refine their business skills. DECA meets during zero-hour as an elective course. Students will also sign up for times to meet with their advisor to practice their presentations & interviews for competition. Students are encouraged to take personal finance and business consulting courses at SWCHS to help gain business knowledge for DECA.
Annual registration fees for DECA competitors is $150 per student.
All students involved in competition will compete at districts. If students qualify for state, they will spend three days downtown Minneapolis competing at the State Competition in March. If students advance to Internationals, they will have the option of traveling to Nashville in April.
- District Competition: Sunday, January 26 at Wayzata High School
- State Competition: March 1–3 at Hyatt Regency (Downtown Minneapolis)
- Internationals: April 29–May 2 in Nashville, Tennessee
DECA Zero-Hour Course Topics
- Interviewing Soft Skills & Questions
- Mock Interviews
- Public Relations
- Personal Finance
- Business Management
- Role Play Practices
- Kahoot Games (review questions for business exam)