National Honor Society
The National Honor Society promotes academic excellence, develops good character and leadership, and requires service. It’s an international high school club with over a million members with a focus on academic excellence and service.
Our chapter will recognize students for their accomplishments, and challenge them to be involved in school and community service and leadership.
- Applications for 2022-23 are due no later than 3 p.m. on May 13, 2022. They must be printed, signed, and turned in to Mrs. Langert’s classroom.
- Late applications will NOT be considered.
- Students must have a minimum of 3.65 cumulative (not just the most recent semester) unweighted or weighted GPA.
- Students must adhere to SWCHS standards of conduct and character.
- Capacity to serve in our school and community 10 hours per semester
- Service day (6 hrs/sem) counts toward this
- Service at church counts
- Community service on your own verified by parent or organization
Directions for Applications:
These directions must be followed for applications to be considered.
- Please PRINT all of the application materials below and return them once they are completed to Mrs. Langert in Room 46 (box marked “NHS”).
- Recommendations from on-campus staff and faculty will be returned to Mrs. Langert directly, but students will need to print the blank recommendation, ask a teacher to fill it out, and give the recommender the printed sheet. Do not email teachers the link to the recommendation sheet.
- If a character reference is off-campus, you may have that recommender email the completed form to Mrs. Langert at firstname.lastname@example.org.