6 Step Admissions Process
Step 1: Schedule a Visit
Attend an open house, schedule a private tour or student visit day, or call our admissions office. This is an opportunity to learn about our community & ask questions.
Step 2: Complete Online Application
- New Family: Create an account and begin your online application.
- Current Family: Will be given a priority hold for their incoming 9th graders when applications are submitted by December 15, 2021. Log into your account and begin your online application.
The application has sections for both parents and students to complete. Please expect the application to take 30-60 minutes to complete. Students will need to answer some short essay questions about themself and why they desire to attend SWCHS.
Step 3: Complete Required Documentation
After a submitted application is processed, an online checklist will be assigned to each applicant. Families can access the checklist by logging into the website. After you apply, you will be prompted to submit the following forms:
- English & math teacher recommendations (not necessary for transfers)
- Character reference from pastor, youth leader, or Christian mentor
- School records (transcripts and other records) from current school
Step 4: Interview
After all the application materials are in, including the school records, character reference and recommendations, we conduct interviews with the student and at least one parent.
Please allow one week to set up an interview after all your application materials are submitted.
Step 5 (Optional): Apply for Financial Aid
SWCHS is committed to providing financial assistance to qualified students whose families cannot afford the school’s full tuition. You do not need to apply for financial aid, but if you are applying, please use the links below.
The deadline is April 15; however, we encourage families to complete the financial aid application as soon as possible.
Step 6: Acceptance Process
We evaluate students for acceptance based on holistic criteria.
- Faith fit: Student and at least one parent profess faith in Jesus Christ, participate in Christian community, are in agreement with our statement of faith and other core beliefs and values (see button below)
- Academics: Student demonstrates a value for learning and a willingness to engage academically
- Community: Student demonstrates a desire to be a positive and engaged member of the SWCHS community
- After a students’ interview, parents will be notified within 4 weeks (but oftentimes much sooner) whether their student has been accepted.
- Acceptances will be communicated by email.
- As classes approach capacity, we will begin to waitlist applicants.
- Mid-year transfer students will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Acceptance will be extended based on determined fit, not on a first-come, first-served basis.
Important dates in SWCHS’ Acceptance Process
- December 16–February 28: Deadline for Regular Application period (Fee: $100)
- After February 28, during the Late Application period (Fee: $150), we will continue to receive applications as enrollment capacity allows.