6 Step Admissions Process
Please note: We currently have a waitlist for our 2022-2023 Freshmen Class. If you would like to be considered for the waitlist please contact us. We are still accepting applications for students in 10th-12th grades.
Step 1: Schedule a Visit
Attend an open house, schedule a private tour or student visit day, or call our admissions office. This is an opportunity to learn about our community & ask questions.
Step 2: Complete Online Application
Please get in touch with us for an application.
The application has sections for both parents and students to complete. Please expect the application to take 30-60 minutes to complete. Students will need to answer some short essay questions about themself and why they desire to attend SWCHS.
Step 3: Complete Required Documentation for applicants before January 31
After a submitted application is processed, an online checklist will be assigned to each applicant. Families can access the checklist (those on hold will only have a checklist when invited to proceed) by logging into the website. After you apply, you will be prompted to submit the following forms:
- English & math teacher recommendations (not necessary for transfers)
- Character reference from pastor, youth leader, or Christian mentor
- School records (transcripts and other records) from current school
Step 4: Interview
After all the application materials are in, including the school records, character reference and recommendations, we will conduct interviews with the student and at least one parent.
Please allow one week to set up an interview after all your application materials are submitted.
Step 5 Acceptance
We evaluate students for acceptance based on holistic criteria.
- Faith fit: Student and at least one parent profess faith in Jesus Christ, participate in Christian community, are in agreement with our statement of faith and other core beliefs and values (see button below)
- Academics: Student demonstrates a value for learning and a willingness to engage academically
- Community: Student demonstrates a desire to be a positive and engaged member of the SWCHS community
- After a students’ interview, parents will be notified within 4 weeks (but oftentimes much sooner) whether their student has been accepted.
- Acceptances will be communicated by email.
- As classes approach capacity, we will begin to waitlist applicants.
- Mid-year transfer students will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Acceptance will be extended based on determined fit, not on a first-come, first-served basis.