10 Students Advance to DECA State Competition
Published January 28, 2019
For the inaugural year of SWCHS DECA, 10 students qualified for the state competition on March 3–5, 2019 in Minneapolis. The students competed at our district level on Sunday, January 27. The following students received state qualifier awards in these categories:
- Entrepreneurship Team Decision Making: Ellicia Woolf & Elizabeth Schmidt
- Marketing Team Decision Making: Britta Carlson & Lauren Burke
- Personal Finance Literacy: Adrian Richtarich
- Principles of Marketing: Brooke Reimann & Robby Pettit
- Employment Interview (Entry Level): Braedon Ziemer & Andrea Moore
- Employment Interview (Advanced): Lauren Burke & Britta Carlson
- Community Service Project: Felicia Luther & Andrea Moore
Highlights of the award winners include Robby Pettit receiving an award at Monday’s award ceremony for his exceptional DECA exam score. Lauren Burke received a nearly perfect score on her employment interview finishing with a score of 99.9, giving her an automatic bid into state. Brooke Reimann ranked 4th in her event of 42 participants.
The students will compete downtown Minneapolis at the Hyatt Regency on March 3–5. Congratulations to all DECA students for an incredible competition, and good luck to our state qualifiers!