Published February 18, 2022
Southwest Christian High School earned 12 state qualifiers in the 2022 DECA District VII Competition in the fourth year of program history. The SWCHS chapter competed against 550 other business students.
DECA is an international program for high school and college students that prepares emerging leaders in business skills. Events range from employment interviews, sales pitches, “shark tank” presentations, and business role plays.
Congratulations to the following 2022 state qualifiers:
- Employment Interview – Entry Level | Julia Barce, Jaclyn Brouwer, Lydia Hay, Lauren Spelbring
- Employment Interview – Advanced Level | Brandon Mosley, Becca Moore, Karin Shively, Sean Johnson, Noah Van Nest, Ericka Wall, Nora Vietzen, Saylor Bjelland
- Marketing Communications Series – Brandon Mosley, Becca Moore, Karin Shively
- Human Resources Management Series – Sean Johnson
- Personal Financial Literacy – Noah Van Nest
- Principles of Marketing – Ericka Wall
- Hotel and Lodging Management Series – Nora Vietzen
The team is led by seniors Brandon Mosely and Karin Shively.